🌱 PSA! Grass seed is in extremely high demand this spring and we'll very likely see a worldwide shortage in supply. If you're planning a lawn seeding project, we encourage you to buy your grass seed RIGHT NOW! 🌱
🌿 Our premium grass seed is custom blended for Shelmerdine, and is specific to our area's soil type and climate zone.
🌿 Grass seed can withstand freezing temperatures. If you store it in your garage over the winter, it's still viable in the spring.
🌿 The best time to seed or topseed your lawn is when the soil is dry enough to work, preferably late-April to late-May before a rainfall.
Don't delay - get your grass seed today! Tap to shop online, or visit us! ☺️
#Winnipeg #Manitoba #GardenInspiration #YourGreenhouseHome #GardenLovers #Gardener #GardenInspiration ...
🌿 Plant Sale! 🌿 Save 25% off all 8" and 10" indoor plants! We're making way for...
🌿 Plant Sale! 🌿 Save 25% off all 8" and 10" indoor plants! We're making way for a new shipment of plants, so come on in and create your own tropical paradise. ☺️🪴
• Sale ends Thursday, April 22 and does not include Specimen Plants.
#Winnipeg #Manitoba #PlantShopping #PlantTime #GardenInspiration #PlantLovers #PlantLife #Plantstagram #HouseplantClub #Houseplants #ItsAJungleInHere #PlantLove #YourGreenhouseHome #ForTheLoveOfPlants #PlantPeople...
It's potato time! Stop in for your seed potatoes before they sell out this year. ...
It's potato time! Stop in for your seed potatoes before they sell out this year. 🥔🌱
To get your seed potatoes ready:
• Cut your seed potatoes into pieces so that each piece has at least one 'eye' or sprout.
• Allow the pieces to cure in a cool but humid place for 2-3 days. You can also sprinkle them with an anti-fungal powder at this time.
• After curing, they should be planted as soon as possible. It's best to plant seed potatoes after the chance of hard frost has past, but while you are still experiencing light frosts.
PS: We're still awaiting the arrival of the Adora potato variety later in April. Adora provides an alternative for potato lovers looking for lower carbs or diabetic - it has 30% fewer carbohydrates than other potatoes. It’s an International prizewinner! 😄
#Winnipeg #Manitoba #PlantPotatoes #GardenInspiration #YourGreenhouseHome #GardenLovers #Gardener #GardenInspiration #PlantPeople...
*GIVEAWAY CLOSED. Thanks to everyone who entered!*
*GIVEAWAY CLOSED. Thanks to everyone who entered!*
Local Love Giveaway! 🛍️💕
We're giving away 3 pairs of tickets to the SOLD OUT thirdandbird Spring Market, happening this Sunday!
Simply tag a friend that you'd like to shop the market with, and you'll be entered to win one pair of tickets to go shopping together! 👯♀️
Winner will be announced this Friday, April 16. Good luck!
• Tickets are valued at $10 ea.
• This giveaway is not sponsored or endorsed by Instagram.
• We will only contact you from THIS ACCOUNT, and will never ask for your credit card information. Please ignore scammers!
#Winnipeg #ThirdAndBird #shoplocalky...
Treat yourself to a Gelati or Sorbet from the Secret Garden Cafe! 😍 So yummy, and made right here...
Treat yourself to a Gelati or Sorbet from the Secret Garden Cafe! 😍 So yummy, and made right here in Winnipeg by Goodies Bakeshop using only the freshest ingredients!
@the.secret.garden.cafe is open:
Tuesday - Saturday 10-4
Sunday 12 - 5
Closed on Mondays
*Reminder! Masks are mandatory at Shelmerdine and in public areas, so please plan to enjoy your cafe treats after you leave the store.
If your kitty cat needs a little treat, bring home some cat grass or catnip plants! ...
If your kitty cat needs a little treat, bring home some cat grass or catnip plants! 🐱🌱
Nepeta cataria, commonly known as catnip, is actually a member of the mint family! Catnip contains oils, sterols, acids and tannins. When cats smell the plant, they exhibit behaviours like rubbing their heads and body on the herb or jumping and rolling around, even vocalizing and salivating.
Cat grass is not a specific kind of plant, but a grass mixture that is grown from seeds, such as wheat, barley, oats or rye! Nibbling on grass is a natural behaviour for all cats. It’s a behavioural instinct, as well as a form of fiber, that helps cats either get rid of hairballs or digest them.
There are so many fun and useful perks of catnip and cat grass, visit us to shop! 🥰
#Catnip #Winnipeg #CatLovers #WinnipegPets...
New plant. Now what? 💭🌿 Our plant care cards are here for the taking, find them in the ...
New plant. Now what? 💭🌿 Our plant care cards are here for the taking, find them in the greenhouse and on our website. We want you and your beloved plants to have a successful relationship!
Help yourself to a free plant care card the next time you visit, or click the link in our bio to see them all! 😊
#Winnipeg #Manitoba #PlantCare #PlantLovers #Plantstagram #HouseplantClub #Houseplants #PlantLove #YourGreenhouseHome #PlantHelp...
Hello rare plant lovers! We have five rare Raven ZZ Plants! 🤯 [Plant Lottery now closed, winners ...
Hello rare plant lovers! We have five rare Raven ZZ Plants! 🤯 [Plant Lottery now closed, winners have been contacted] Enter our plant lottery for your chance to buy one for $84.99!
Here's how this works:
1. Enter for your chance to purchase a Raven ZZ Plant by following the link in our bio. The contest closes in 24 hours on Friday, April 9 at 10:30 am.
2. Each person is allowed one entry.
3. We will notify all winners, who will then have 24 hours to contact us to submit payment for their plant. After 24 hours, another winner will be notified.
4. Plant must be picked up within 7 days of notification from our location.
Click the link in our bio NOW for your chance to buy this highly sought after collector plant! ☝️☝🏻☝🏼☝🏽☝🏾☝🏿
• This plant lottery is not sponsored or endorsed by Instagram.
• We will only contact you from THIS ACCOUNT, and will never ask for your credit card information. Please ignore scammers!...