Happy Saturday! 🌿 It's a beautiful weekend to spend outdoors with friends + family. Make a trip to the garden centre and pick out some new plants, tools and decor for your home and garden!
We're open today from 9am - 5pm, and on Sunday from 12pm - 5pm. See you soon! 😄
Happy Canada Day! ❤️ Shelmerdine is closed today. Wishing you a safe + wonderful ...
Staghorn Ferns are a living piece of art. 🌿😍 Unique antler-shaped fronds give these plants their name, since they resemble a deer or moose once they've matured. 🦌
Although Staghorn ferns can be a little picky, with some our our best practices you'll have a thriving fern!
• Staghorn ferns are epiphytes — they grow on other plants or trees, and absorb nutrients and water through their fronds. That's why we have them mounted on wooden planks!
• Bright, indirect light is a must-have! Avoid harsh, direct sunlight.
• Your watering regimen should consist of 2 things: misting and soaking. A general rule of thumb is to water once a week during summer, and once every 2 -3 weeks during cooler months. Staghorn ferns are susceptible to root rot, so be careful to not overwater!
Are you ready to try your hand at this unique houseplant? Order yours online or come see us in the greenhouse!
Ready for a beautiful, low maintenance lawn? Try clover! White Clover, or Trifolium Repens, is a fantastic eco-friendly ground cover.
Not what you were expecting us to say? Here are a few great reasons to consider clover:
☘️ Clover stays green all summer, with little or no watering.
☘️ Clover requires little or no mowing!
☘️ Clover feels great on bare feet.
☘️ Clover attracts beneficial insects (like bees) to your yard that, in turn, help pollinate your garden. It also attracts parasitoid wasps that feed on aphids, scales, and whiteflies.
☘️ Clover never needs fertilizer. It's a nitrogen-fixing plant that essentially creates its own fertilizer—and fertilizes nearby plants, as well! Grass that is intermixed with clover will be healthier and greener and require less care than grass planted alone.
And the best part - it's inexpensive! Talk to us about adding some clover to your lawn. 😄
June is the perfect month to plant perennials! 😄🌸 With a few things in mind, you’ll enjoy happy, healthy perennials:
• Find the right plant for the right spot! Check the light conditions and the size of the plant when it reaches maturity to see how it suits your space. We would love to help if you have any questions!
• When planting, use a Transplanting Fertilizer or Myke Tree & Shrub Growth Supplement. This will really kick-start the plant's ability to develop a strong root system. Healthy roots = healthy plant!
• Try to plant on cooler days! This helps minimize weather-related stress.
• Always use fresh planting soil. The softness and nutrients in fresh soil will help your plants to get established. (Enriched Garden Soil!)
We are avid gardeners and always happy to chat or give you a hand when you visit! 😄🌿
It's our end of spring PLANT SALE! All annuals, veggie plants and patio tropicals are on a sliding sale! 🌸
Save 20% Today! (June 23)
Save 30% Tomorrow! (June 24)
Save 40% on Saturday! (June 25)
Save 50% on Sunday! (June 26)
This sale gets better and better each day, but don't wait too long, and share this amazing sale with your plant-loving friends! 😄
Thursday and Friday 10am-5pm
Saturday 9am - 5pm
Sunday 12pm - 5pm
Some exceptions apply. See in-store for details.
Wherever you go this summer, don't forget your Summer Spray! Keep one in your bag, in your car, by the back door...everywhere! ☀️
Safe for kids and pets, this tropical smelling, moisturizing mist is not only good for your skin (and hair), it will also help keep those pesky bugs away.