We are here to make you smile! If you are not satisfied with your purchase or experience for any reason, please let us know so we can take care of you!
Returns and Exchanges
Proof of purchase in the form of a Shelmerdine original receipt is required for all return or exchange transactions. The following criteria applies to all items sold by Shelmerdine with the exception of Plants and Fashion.
- Items must be in original and saleable condition.
- We will gladly exchange or refund merchandise within 10 days.
- Returns done between 11-30 days will be refunded onto a Shelmerdine Gift Card.
- All non-sealed edible and body care items are considered FINAL SALE.
- Gift Cards purchases and FINAL SALE items are non-returnable.
- Christmas returns will be honoured until March 15 of the following year.
- A 15% restocking fee may apply at our discretion.
- Apparel, footwear, hats, purchases, jewelry and accessories returned within 21 days will be refunded onto a Shelmerdine Gift Card.
- All earrings, swimwear, and undergarments are FINAL SALE.
- For all other items, to be eligible for an exchange or Gift Card, the merchandise must be returned unworn, unaltered and unwashed with original tags attached.
- Items without original tags attached are non-refundable.
Unsuccessful plants will be offered a one-time replacement with a new plant or Gift Card. NO CASH REFUNDS.
- Up to 1 Month – 100% Replacement
- Up to 3 Months – 50% Replacement
- 3 to 6 Months – 25% Replacement
- Beyond 6 Months – No Replacement
Bonsai, flowering indoor plants, air plants, 4″ plants and patio tropicals are not covered under this policy.
Whether purchased in store or online, plant and proof of purchase must be brought to our store at 7800 Roblin Boulevard by the purchaser. The plant will then be assessed by our greenhouse team to determine cause and replacement value. Shelmerdine will not authorize replacements or accept plants sent to us via courier for assessment.
Zone 2 & 3 hardy trees, shrubs, evergreens, vines and roses, that are installed in the ground and cared for, are guaranteed from the date of the original purchase until the end of the following growing season. For example, plants purchased in 2020 are guaranteed until October 2021.
- Shelmerdine reserves the right to deny plant exchanges or credits prior to May 31.
- ONE TIME REPLACEMENT is offered on the above listed plants if they fail to grow during the guaranteed period. Replacements are made on dead plant material by way of new plants or a Gift Card for the original purchase value. NO CASH REFUNDS.
- Replacements are warrantied until the end of the growing season in which the plants was replaced and are not valid for an overwinter warranty.
- Perennials, clematis, tea roses, bulbs, roots and all non-hardy plants (zone 4+) are warrantied until October 31 of the same growing season as it was purchased.
- Shelmerdine is not responsible for damage or loss caused by animals, insects or severe weather conditions such as flooding, hail, neglect or changing landscapes.
- With the purchase of MYKE® at the time of original installation, the MYKE 5 year warranty will apply to outdoor zone hardy plants providing all standard MYKE guarantee conditions have been met. MYKE warranty replacements are valid ONE TIME ONLY by way of plant material only.